SOLD OUT!!! SOLD OUT!!! SOLD OUT!!!
Proceeds benefit Women Build!!!
What is Women Build?
Each year the women of Longview come together with a single Mom to build a Habitat home. Our goal is to have a little fun, while raising the dollars for construction, going out to the job site and working side by side to construct the home! Proceeds from this and other events are designated to the construction of this year’s Women Build home. Construction is projected to begin in October. Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/longviewhabitat/ and watch for more details about upcoming Women Build events and build days this fall!
Longview Habitat for Humanity partners with low-income families who are living in inadequate, unsafe, unaffordable and/or overcrowded housing to build simple, safe and decent homes. The community provides volunteerism and donations in the form of construction labor, professional services, money and materials to construct the homes in a cost-efficient manner.
Future homeowners contribute 350 sweat equity hours working with community volunteers on the construction of new homes. A total 200 hours must be completed, by the family, prior to beginning the construction of their own home. Regardless of hours completed, the family is required to participate in all phases of the construction of their home and complete a minimum of 56 hours of homeowner and financial literacy education. Partner Families make a $1,000 down payment, and pay home closing costs. Once completed the home is sold to the family with a long-term zero interest mortgage loan.
- Mortgage payments supplement the operating costs of the organization.
- The self-help homeownership process typically requires 12-18 months.
- LHFH holds orientation meetings and distributes applications one time each year (usually in the Spring).
- For more information: 903-236-0900 ext. 201 or email@example.com
The Habitat ReStore is a retail outlet selling donated new and gently used building supplies and home products to the public at deeply discounted prices. It is operated as a fundraising program and also benefits the community by providing a means for lower income homeowners to purchase materials to maintain their homes at a significant cost savings
The store inventory includes donated products and a small percentage of wholesale purchase items for retail sale. The ReStore offers an array of products ranging from paint to windows, doors, flooring, appliances, lighting, home furnishings, electrical, plumbing and seasonal items.
- Donations are accepted from building supply stores, contractors, businesses and individuals.
- The ReStore has a small paid staff and depends heavily on volunteers for daily operations.
- The ReStore is located at 907 McCann Rd. Hours: 9am-5pm Tuesday-Saturday. Phone: 903-212-8453
- The ReStore also accepts aluminum cans, steel, and copper for recycling
- For more information: (903) 212-8453 or Restore@longviewhabitat.org
Since 2012, LHFH has conducted a critical repair program that focuses on repairs in the owner-occupied homes of the elderly and/or disabled. LHFH defines a critical repair as any disrepair in the home that threatens the health or safety of the home’s occupants. To date, LHFH has completed 36 repairs. Roof and floor repairs and disabled accessibility are the most often approved repair.
- The program is available to low-income individuals age 60 and up or individuals of any age that are permanently disabled.
- LHFH accepts applications as funds are available.
- For eligibility and application information: (903) 236-0900-ext. 201 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Construction volunteers give more than 3,000 hours each year building Habitat homes and save the organization approximately $70,000.00 in labor costs. ReStore volunteers assist with sales, inventory , sorting and merchandising. Administrative volunteers donate clerical, graphic design, event planning and coordination and social media skills to the business operation. Board and Committee volunteers help to provide governance, planning and oversight for the organization.
See below for volunteer contact information:
- To volunteer at the ReStore call (903) 212-8453 or email@example.com
- To volunteer at the Administrative office or with one of our programs call (903) 236-0900 ext. 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Board Member and committee volunteers call (903) 236-0900 ext. 202 or email@example.com
The LHFH Veterans Repair Program provides repairs in the owner-occupied homes of honorably discharged U.S. Military veterans residing in Gregg County. The program is grant funded and provided on a funds availability basis. LHFH accepts referrals and applications year round.
Veteran Status: Must be an honorable discharged U S Military Veteran.
Repair: The home is experiencing a disrepair that threatens the health or safety of the homes occupants OR the home requires remodel to allow for disabled accessibility or assistive equipment.
Income: Total family income must be at or below 100% of median family income as defined by the U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines published annually by HUD federal poverty level. The homeowner must be willing and demonstrate the ability to pay 10% of the total cost of the repair. The homeowner portion of the repair costs must be paid prior to completion of the work.
The Brush with Kindness program focuses on simple maintenance, light repair and beautification projects in the city. LHFH utilizes volunteers and donated materials to help the disabled, elderly or very low income homeowners with projects such as yard cleanup, painting, landscaping, and simple repair. This program is ideally suited to civic organizations, churches and school groups that wish to complete a short-term (one day) community service project. This program is funded with volunteer labor, recipient investment of materials, equipment or labor and in kind donations and is available on a finds availability basis.
Below is a link to materials used on each build. If you, youth group, church group, school group or any other groups would like to help, but don’t have the financial means, please consider a tool drive!
Don’t forget to visit the ReStore when you’re shopping for building materials, furniture, or home goods! We also carry:
- Lighting & Ceiling Fans
- Bathroom / Kitchen Fixtures
- Painting Supplies
- Rugs & Carpeting
Our VisionA world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Longview Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope!